Benefits of Joining CEASA
Associations are invited to join CEASA today!
As affiliated members of CEASA, associations:
- may apply for funding for professional development programs and activities
- have access to administrative support on a fee-for-service basis including: subsidised distribution of association information to schools; secretarial services, membership record keeping, maintenance of association websites and any other services as negotiated
- have access to public liability insurance cover under the CEASA umbrella policy
- can work with CEASA which acts on behalf of and with associations collectively in tendering for out-sourced provision of services in education
- have representation on the Australian Professional Teachers Association (APTA) - click here to access the APTA website
- local and global networking with educators from a diverse range of backgrounds and interests
- professional learning opportunities that support educators daily work and that of their member associations
- access to the new CEASA website and its powerful facilities including an online professional learning calendar
- space on a large, glossy professional learning calendar that goes to all schools and institutions in SA twice a year
- access to latest developments in the field of education
- support for innovative practice
- a forum for sharing educators passion about their professional life
- meetings at the EDC from Monday to Friday can be held free of charge as long as participants are not charged for attending
Process to Join CEASA
Associations wishing to join CEASA are required to forward a completed application form which is put before the next CEASA Management Committee (which meets monthly) following receipt of the application. The association must be an incorporated body - a copy of the constitution needs to be forwarded to CEASA with the application form. The Management Committee makes a recommendation to the CEASA Council (which meets once each term) and the CEASA Council votes on the acceptance of the application.
Application Form and Relevant Documents
CEASA Membership Application Package:
For information about incorporation of associations, access the Office of Consumer and Business Affairs website and click on the Incorporated Associations tab.